No we aren’t California or France but Central Texas has some mighty fine wines. I am going to list 10 but I want you to realize there are over 30 in the Central Texas area. I have done my best to visit as many as possible and will share with you my adventures.
- Torre di’ Pietra Vineyards, located in the cutest, historical town of Fredericksburg, Tx The wines are a smooth sort…some with great legs and oaky aromas. I love their Reds.
- Dry Comal Creek located in New Braunfels, Tx A great German town w/many great restaurants. They have a tour of the grounds here which I really enjoyed.
- D’Vine Wine is in Lakeway, which basically is southwest Austin near Lake Travis…Dreamy!
- Sister Creek Vineyards in Spicewood, Tx (close to Dripping Springs). The atmosphere is very rustic but pleasant, wines are rich and robust.
- Fall Creek Vineyards near Tow, Tx (pronounced Toe) nice drive to get there and they produce a good variation of wines. You will also see this wine in most local grocery stores.
- Becker Vineyards in Stonewall, near Fredricksburg. You will also see these wines in local stores.
- Driftwood Vineyards in Driftwood, Tx. this wine is an up and comer, I enjoyed the reds here as well.
- Three Dudes Winery in San Marcos, Tx. Haven’t actually been here but it was recommended by a friend of mine.
- Texas Legato Winery in Lampasas. Beautiful hill country drive to Lampasas, cute place and the wines were very aromatic.
- Texas Hills Vineyards in Johnson City, home of Lyndon B Johnson, great drive and very well worth it. MMMM.
Be sure to drink responsibly.